INFORMATION AND BOOKING CONDITIONS
The terms and booking conditions stated herein (“Booking Conditions”) apply to all tours purchased through Grand American Travels, Inc. (“GAT”, “we” and “us”).
The booking conditions stated do NOT apply to International air tickets, whether the tickets were purchased through GAT or by any other means. The International air tickets are independent from the travel itineraries and services offered by GAT. The terms and conditions of the International air tickets are up to the individual airlines. Please check with the specific airline for more information regarding your International air ticket.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
Due to membership limits and in order to make proper arrangements for your itinerary, a $300 deposit per person (“Initial Deposit”) is required, a $700 deposit for CV10/CV10E, a $900 deposit for TNB12/TNB12E, at the time you make the reservation. Full payment of the tour must be paid to us no later than 60 days prior to commencement of the tour.
If the reservation is made less than 60 days prior to commencement of the tour, full payment is required at the time of reservation.
IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL
All cancellations that occur 60 days prior to commencement will incur the minimum charge of $150 per person.
Cancellations that occur:
59 to 30 days prior to departure------------------$300 per person
29 to 15 days prior to departure------------------$600 per person
14 days to 3 days prior to departure----------75% of tours under $999.99
----------------------------------------------------------60% of tours $1,000 or more
Cancellation within 72 hours or after commencement of the tour will receive. NO REFUNDS
※The cancellations of CV10/CV10E tour:
120 days prior to departure------------------$300 per person
119 to 60 days prior to departure------------------$700 per person
59 to 30 days prior to departure------------------$900 per person
29 to 15 days prior to departure------------------$1200 per person
14 Days to 3 days as same as other tours.
Within 72 hours or after commencement of the tour as same as other tours.
※The cancellations of TNB12/TNB12E tour:
120 days prior to departure------------------$500 per person
119 to 60 days prior to departure------------------$900 per person
59 to 30 days prior to departure------------------$1200 per person
29 to 15 days prior to departure------------------$2000 per person
14 Days to 3 days as same as other tours.
Within 72 hours or after commencement of the tour as same as other tours.
GAT will assess a $25.00 handling fee per person for any changes or amendments requested by you after we have confirmed your booking with a written confirmation and/or invoice. A change of traveler name, tour date, or tour itinerary requested 60 or fewer days before the departure date will be deemed a cancellation and you will be assessed the appropriate cancellation charge.
COST OF TOUR INCLUDES
• Itinerary specified admission tickets, meals;
• Itinerary specified accommodations (double occupancy);
• Transport of luggage (limit one suitcase per person not to exceed 44 pounds);
• Service by a professional tour guide in China;
COST OF TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
• International air tickets, air taxes, airport taxes, fuel surcharges;
• Personal expenses such as but not limit to: phone calls, laundry, beverages, postage, and excess luggage charge(s).Visa and permit fees.
• Fees for excess weight on suitcases
• Single occupancy supplement. GAT will NOT coordinate travel companions.
• Tips for tour guides and drivers;
• Insurance coverage for personal accident, luggage, health, trip cancellation or trip interruption (These may be purchased separately for an additional charge).
We can help you apply for a visa for an additional fee. To obtain a
China visa, we need the following:
USA Passport — 1 photo and the passport must be valid for six months beyond the return date.
If you are traveling using a passport from another country, please contact your travel consultant.
We must receive the above-mentioned documents 60 – 45 days prior to commencement of the tour. Expedited services are available at an additional charge.
Please supply us with the correct name as it appears on your passport for proper flight ticket reservation. GAT cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information submitted by you.
AIRPORT CHECK -IN
Due to airport enhanced security measures, we recommend that all passengers arrive at the airport 2 hours prior to departure for domestic flights, and 3 hours prior to departure for international flights.
TOUR INSURANCE PLAN
To ensure travelers safety, we provide both travel accident and international flight insurance. Please refer to the insurance brochure for more details.
YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE
Yangtze River Cruises is operated by a cruise line independent of
GAT. Itinerary arrangements may change with the ongoing Three
Gorges Dam Project and the rivers’ flood season. The Three Gorges
Dam Authority dictates changes in the itinerary and GAT has no control over nor authority to overrule these changes. Participants understand and agree not to hold GAT liable for any changes to the itinerary made by the Three Gorges Dam Authority or the independent Cruise lines.
Unless otherwise noted, photographs and maps in the brochure are copyright © Grand American Travels and are up-to-date at the time of printing.
1. The itineraries offered in this brochure are arranged by GAT; however, the actual implementation of the itineraries is handled by independent China licensed travel agencies (hereinafter the “China Agencies”). These China Agencies are responsible for making, coordinating and confirming arrangements for transportation, sightseeing, and accommodations. The China Agencies’ tasks include, but are not limited to: purchasing group tickets for China domestic airlines, museums, and theme parks; arranging hotel accommodations and tour guide escorts; and coordinating with local tour guides. Tour participants acknowledge that GAT does not have control over the China Agencies and hereby agree to hold GAT harmless for the actions of the China Agencies. Any complaints regarding the China Agencies should be directed to the China Agencies to resolve any complaints in accordance with their policies and travel laws under the People’s Republic of China. Grand American Travels (Shanghai), Limited is an independent corporation organized and operating under the laws of the People’s Republic of China.
2. Due to unforeseen political events or other travel safety concerns, tour participants agree that GAT reserves the right to make changes in the itinerary or to cancel a tour at any time whenever GAT deems necessary for the comfort, convenience or safety of the tour participants. If any tour participant cancels the tour for the said reasons the cancellation policy shall apply;
3. The carriers, hotels and other suppliers providing tour services are independent contractors and are not agents, employees, or servants of, or joint ventures with GAT or its affiliates. All certificates and other travel documents for tour services issued by GAT are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the suppliers and to the laws of the countries in which the services are supplied;
4. Tour participants may not alter the schedule or itinerary for personal reasons—otherwise, the participants agree that he or she will bear the additional charges incurred;
5. GAT reserves the right to reject any person as a tour participant and to expel any tour participant from the tour for the greater benefit of the other tour participants;
6. If the services included in the tour cannot be supplied as stated in the itinerary for reasons beyond the control of GAT (such as, but not limited to, wars, strikes, political events, weather conditions, earthquakes or other natural disasters), we reserve the right to change the itinerary, postpone the departure date, cancel the tour, or assess an additional 10% service fee. Should a tour be cancelled for reasons beyond the control of GAT, the cancellation policy shall apply. If the tour is interrupted after commencement due to reasons beyond the control of GAT, we reserve the right to change the itinerary and all additional expenses shall be paid by the tour participants;
7. GAT does not have control over the International airline carriers and is not responsible for their actions. In the event that an International airline carrier cancels or delays its International flights, tour participants are responsible for any additional charges and expenses not originally included in the itinerary.
8. GAT is not responsible for the rejection of any tour participant by a country’s immigration office or customhouse, even if the tour participant holds a valid passport along with a proper visa;
9. GAT reserves the right to cancel a tour due to insufficient members. Liability is limited to the full refund of money received by GAT;
10. All travel insurance claims must be reported and handled within 24 hours on the spot where the accident occurred;
11. All tour participants must be physically and mentally fit for traveling. High altitude areas may not be suitable for those with disabilities or travelers who experience the following: high blood pressure; heart diseases; respiratory challenges; and/or suffer from other physical challenges due to age. Tibet, Yunnan, Qinghai, Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong and Zhangjiajie are located at high altitudes with extraordinary surroundings. All travelers, who wish to enroll in a tour should consult with their doctor prior to joining. Tour participants agree to provide GAT with a letter from their doctor stating they are capable of participating in all aspects of the tour. Tour participants further agree to hold GAT harmless for any injuries or sickness sustained on the tour.
12. GAT recommends travelers to explore all attractions prior shopping for souvenirs. Tour participants have the right to refuse merchants and to complain aggressive salespersons. All purchases (especially valuable items) should be carefully examined to minimize defects, imperfections, and/or misrepresentations. GAT is not affiliated with any merchants. Tour participants acknowledge that GAT is not liable or responsible for any and all purchases made while on tour.
13. There are many reputable and trustworthy merchants overseas, there are also many deceptive merchants who may misrepresent their goods. Additionally, the importation of imitation goods into the United State may infringe upon U.S. Patent and trademark registration. It may also be a violation of U.S. custom laws. TOUR participants are responsible for their own purchases in China.
14. Tour participants are responsible for bringing their own wheelchairs and companion to aid in operating the wheelchair.
15. GAT reserves the right to combine tour groups with other tour groups arranged by GAT for purposes of long distance highway travel.
16. National guides will be assigned if group size up to 16 participants.
By signing the tour invoice:
ALL GAT participants herby accept these booking conditions. These conditions are a part of the tour agreement.
This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California. The parties agree that the Superior Court of California for County of Los Angeles shall have exclusive jurisdiction for any and all actions relating to this agreement or the tour.
Grand American Travels, Inc.
2366 Huntington Drive
San Marino, CA 91108
Toll free: 888-285-8933(9:00AM-5:30PM)
China Tel: 86-21-52387600(Weekdays)